I found an Apple Crisp recipe in a folder of uncategorized recipes on my cookbook shelf. I started with that, and added my own flair as I went along.
4 Medium Apples, sliced
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour (I used gluten free flour, as I was bringing this dessert to a party with a friend with a gluten allergy. I couldn't tell the difference between it and regular flour)
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup butter, softened
1. Heat oven to 375, grease 8x8 pan with butter
2. Spread apple slices in a layer at the bottom of the pan
3. Mix the oats, flour and spices. Sprinkle mixture over apples
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. You should be able to stick the apples with a fork.
5. Drizzle caramel syrup on top
This tastes great served with vanilla ice cream!